I tried something similar to these years ago in a friends house, I lost the recipe they gave me, so tried creating it myself, I love these as a starter, party food or flattened into yummy burger shapes, I eat them hot and cold
2 people made this
- 1 packet of pork sausagemeat
- half an onion - chopped very finely
- half a red pepper(or whichever colour you wish) - chopped very finely
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or hotter if you prefer)
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- a little olive oil for frying and oven tray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees (fan), 180 degrees (conventional) gas mark 6
- Prepare a muffin tray by spraying a tiny bit of oil on it and spreading thinly with some kitchen towel, just to save balls sticking.
- Heat frying pan with olive oil and fry onion, pepper and crushed garlic for about 10 mins until softened, leave to the side to cool.
- Place sausagemeat in a bowl with cooled onion, pepper and garlic mix, add chilli flakes, salt and pepper and mix well until all blended.
- Make sausage balls about size of golf balls and place in a muffin/cake tray.
- Put in centre of pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, turning half way then move to top of oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, lay on a few pieces of kitchen towel for a few minutes, serve on a plate with some dipping sauces and enjoy.
Can be eaten hot or cold.Gives you about 16 sausage balls or however many you want depending on size or shape you want them.Yummy as a flat burger with side salad.