Muesli is a cold porridge of oats, fruit, and yogurt that softens overnight in the refrigerator. You can omit the oats and make a breakfast parfait with the orange (use one large orange), date, yogurt, cacao nibs, and coconut.
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened flaked organic coconut
- 1/2 orange, peeled and chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (squeezed from second half of orange)
- 1 Medjool date, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
Ingredient Info: Unsweetened flaked organic coconut is available at natural foods and specialty foods stores.
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out coconut on a small rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Stir together chopped orange, orange juice, date, yogurt, and oats. Cover and chill overnight. Just before serving, top with cacao nibs and toasted coconut.