- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch-diameter purchased chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed coarsely (about 1 cup)
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- Additional sandwich cookies
Bring whipping cream to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips; whisk until chocolate is melted. Whisk in coffee and vanilla. Let sauce cool.
Microwave coffee ice cream on low setting at 10-second intervals until slightly softened. Spread ice cream evenly in crust. Pour 3/4 cup chocolate sauce over; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Freeze until ice cream is firm, about 20 minutes. Drizzle 1/3 cup sauce over pie. Arrange chocolate ice cream in side-by-side scoops around edge of pie. Wedge 1 whole cookie between each scoop. Freeze pie until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Cover and chill remaining sauce.
Rewarm sauce. Cut pie into wedges. Serve, passing sauce separately.