- 5 1/2 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 baby artichokes, trimmed, halved
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Bring broth to simmer in saucepan. Remove from heat. Cover; keep warm.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Pat artichokes dry and add to pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until artichokes begin to brown, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Add rice; stir 2 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed, about 1 minute. Add 1 1/2 cups warm broth; cook until absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add more broth, 1/2 cupful at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next and stirring often, until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.