Hit the reset button on your potato salad: These spuds are roasted, not boiled, and tossed with a mustardy vinaigrette and jalapeños while warm.
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved crosswise if large
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced into rounds, seeds removed if desired
- ¼ cup (lightly packed) torn flat-leaf parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes with ¼ cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 30–35 minutes. Let cool slightly, then lightly flatten.
Meanwhile, whisk vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil until emulsified; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes, jalapeño, and parsley and toss; season with salt and pepper.