- 12 ounces carrots (about 2 large), peeled, cut into 2x 1/3-inch sticks
- 12 ounces parsnips (about 3 large), peeled, cut into 2x 1/3-inch sticks
- 12 ounces rutabagas (about 2 medium), peeled, cut into 2x 1/3-inch sticks
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider
- 2 tablespoons Calvados (apple brandy) or other brandy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425°F. Using 1/2 tablespoon butter, generously coat 17x12x1-inch heavy rimmed baking sheet. Arrange carrots, parsnips, and rutabagas in single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle cider over vegetables. Dot with remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and bake until vegetables are almost crisp-tender, about 25 minutes. Stir vegetables to coat with juices. Bake uncovered until vegetables are tender and juices are almost evaporated, about 20 minutes. Drizzle Calvados over vegetables and toss to coat.
Transfer mixture to serving bowl. Toss with parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.