- 1 pound mahi-mahi fillets, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 jalapeño chiles, seeded; 2 minced, 2 thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetend shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Combine fish, lime juice, and oregano in large glass bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Chill until fish turns opaque, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
Strain almost all lime juice from fish; return fish to bowl. Stir in onion, minced and sliced jalapeños, coconut, and cilantro. Season with salt. Chill at least 20 minutes and up to 2 hours. Serve in Martini glasses. Pass crackers separately.