Bonal is a French apéritif infused with gentiana, a low-growing wildflower common in many parts of France
- 1 ounce rye, such as Bulleit
- ¾ ounce blood orange or orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- ½ ounce Bonal or Genepy de Alpes
- ¼ ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- Blood orange wedge, for garnish
Combine rye, blood orange juice, Bonal, and Chartreuse in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Swizzle (stir) until cold and strain into a chilled sour glass, top with crushed ice, and a dash of bitters.