- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until seeds begin to pop. Add shallots and 1/4 tsp. salt and toss to coat. Lower heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 4 minutes. Add shredded Brussels sprouts and 1/2 tsp. Pour in 1/3 cup water, reduce heat to medium, and cook until sprouts are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and toss to coat. Season with more salt, if desired. Toss in walnuts and serve.