Kohlrabi "bulbs" fall somewhere between the size of golf balls and softballs. The smaller they are, the sweeter they are, which is desirable for this recipe since you're serving them raw.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ⅓ cup finely chopped toasted pistachios
- 3 medium kohlrabies (about 2 pounds total), peeled, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Mix tahini, honey, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice in a small bowl to combine; season with salt.
Toss mint, chives, pistachios, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; season with salt. Add kohlrabies, vinegar, lemon zest, and remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice; toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Spread tahini mixture over plates; top with kohlrabi salad.