- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 2-inch pieces dried guajillo chili with seeds, * thinly sliced
- 3 pounds Manilla clams, scrubbed
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, and guajillo chili; sauté until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add clams and sauté 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley. Add Sherry and lemon juice. Increase heat to medium-high, cover, and simmer until clams open (discard any that do not open), about 8 minutes. Transfer clams to shallow bowl. Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over clams. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve.
* Available at Latin American markets and some supermarkets.