This sweet and salty nut-and-seed brittle will send granola packing. Serve for breakfast or as a simple dessert.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- ¼ cup unsalted, raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon rose water (optional)
- ¾ pound seedless watermelon, rind removed, sliced
- ¾ pound honeydew, rind removed, seeded, sliced
- ¾ pound cantaloupe, rind removed, seeded, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Bring sugar, cardamom, and ¼ cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar; let cardamom syrup cool.
Lightly coat a parchment-lined baking sheet with nonstick spray. Toss pistachios and sesame seeds in a small bowl with half of syrup and spread out on prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing occasionally, until golden, 12–15 minutes; season with salt. Let cool (brittle will harden as it cools), then break into small pieces.
Combine lemon juice, rose water, and remaining cardamom syrup in a small bowl. Spoon yogurt onto plates. Top with melon and brittle, drizzle with lemon-cardamom syrup, and season with salt and pepper.