This assertive dressing loves hearty greens, plus chicken, steak, and lamb.
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of kosher salt plus more
- 1/2 lemon, seeded and finely chopped (with peel)
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Finely chop garlic, anchovy fillets, red pepper flakes, and salt in a mini-processor. Add lemon and oregano; pulse a few times to coarsely chop. Add oil; process until a coarse purée forms. Season with more salt and fresh lemon juice, if desired. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.