- 2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain rice (12 to 13 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, cut into small pieces, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (packed) plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot over high heat. Add rice and onion. Boil until rice is just tender, about 16 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Mix parsley, butter, basil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large bowl. Add hot rice mixture; stir to melt butter. Add reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid and 1 cup cheese; stir. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.