- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, toasted, ground
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons steel-cut oats
- 8 cups watercress, arugula, or upland cress, tough stems removed
- 1 pound large red grapes, halved, seeded if needed
Whisk yogurt, buttermilk, and caraway seeds in a small bowl to form a thick dressing; season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 300°. Stir sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high until mixture is simmering and sugar is dissolved, about 30 seconds. (Alternatively, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.) Stir in almonds, oats, and pine nuts. Let stand for 5 minutes (it's okay if not all liquid is absorbed). Spread out mixture on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake mixture, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crunchy, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Break granola into clusters. DO AHEAD: Granola can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Spread 2 Tbsp. dressing in center of each plate. Scatter watercress and grapes around dressing; drizzle salad with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with granola.