- 3 cups (10 ounces) sugar snap peas, stemmed, stringed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 red Belgian endive or small Treviso radicchio spears
- 8 yellow Belgian endive spears
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
Blanch peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain peas; transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain; thinly slice on a sharp diagonal.
Purée 1/4 cup Parmesan, vinegar, lime juice, Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth. With machine running, gradually add both oils and blend until emulsified and well incorporated.
Place 1 red endive spear and 1 yellow spear on each plate. Fill leaves with some of the snap peas. Top with 2 more endive spears (arrange perpendicularly to the bottom leaves) and fill with remaining snap peas. Drizzle some of dressing over. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and herbs over, then drizzle with more dressing. Season with pepper.