This drunken noodles recipe is finished with Thai basil, but you can use sweet basil if that's all you have.
- 2 14-ounce packages 1/4-inch-wide flat rice noodles*
- 12 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai chiles*
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1/4 cup Golden Mountain sauce* or light soy sauce
- 4 large plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 4 Anaheim chiles or Italian frying peppers, or 2 green bell peppers (about 12 ounces total), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves or regular basil leaves
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring frequently. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and Thai chiles; sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients and sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add noodles, tomatoes, and Anaheim chiles; toss to coat. Transfer to large platter, sprinkle with basil leaves, and serve.