- 2 thick bacon slices, chopped
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 cups 3/4-inch cubes peeled butternut squash (from one 1 3/4-pound squash)
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney beans), undrained
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add chopped onion and garlic to drippings in pot; sauté until golden, about 10 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Stir in butternut squash, 1 can cannellini with liquid, drained tomatoes, and fresh rosemary. Puree remaining 2 cans cannellini with liquid in processor until smooth; add to soup. Cover and simmer until butternut squash is tender and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season soup with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Bacon and soup can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap and chill bacon. Chill soup uncovered until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm bacon and soup separately before serving.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped bacon and serve.