- 18 ounces meat loaf mix or 6 ounces each lean ground beef, lean ground veal, and lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil in juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meat, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; sauté until meat begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juices, half and half, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 25 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and divide among 4 plates. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.