This pineapple-jalapeño relish, along with paprika honey mustard and Canadian bacon, helps make up the Hawaiian Dog.
- 1 small onion, sliced into ½-inch-thick rings
- ½ pineapple, peeled, sliced into ½-inch-thick planks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeños
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat (or heat a dry large cast-iron skillet over medium-high). Toss onion and pineapple with oil to coat in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once or twice, until charred, 5–8 minutes. Let cool. Coarsely chop and toss in another medium bowl with jalapeños; season with salt.