A Thanksgiving-worthy dessert that can be baked in your toaster oven? Yes, please!
- 2 pounds Bosc or Bartlett pears, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅔ cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream (for serving; optional)
Position rack in lowest level of toaster oven and preheat to 350°. Toss pears, orange zest, ginger, cardamom, pepper, ¼ cup cranberries, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. flour, 2 Tbsp. butter, and ¼ tsp. salt in a large bowl until pears are coated. Scrape into an 8x8" glass baking dish.
Using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat oats, vanilla, and remaining ¾ cup flour, ⅔ cup brown sugar, 8 Tbsp. butter, and ½ tsp. salt in a medium bowl until mixture just comes together (it will resemble a crumbly cookie dough), about 2 minutes. Add almonds and remaining ¼ cup cranberries and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over pear mixture. Cover loosely with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until filling is bubbling and topping is browned, 15–20 minutes more.
Serve crumble topped with scoops of ice cream, if you’d like.