- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 6 1/4-inch-thick slices jalapeño chili with seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 pounds mussels (about 40), scrubbed, debearded
Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix in tomatoes, then next 5 ingredients. Add mussels. Cover and steam until mussels open, about 7 minutes (discard any mussels that do not open). Using slotted spoon, transfer mussels to large bowl. Simmer sauce uncovered until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over mussels and serve.