- 4 veal rib chops (each about 12 ounces)
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, divided
- 8 large caper berries, halved, or 2 tablespoons drained regular capers
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle veal chops and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Place chops on rimmed baking sheet. Scatter tomatoes around chops. Broil chops and tomatoes until chops are medium-rare and tomatoes are slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until soft but not brown, about 1 minute. Add wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in caper berries, lemon juice, olives, and oregano; stir to heat through. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 1 chop on each of 4 plates. Divide tomatoes among plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.