- 4 cups Passover apricot nectar
- 6 tablespoon (3/4 stick) unsalted pareve margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 1/2 pounds long orange-fleshed yams
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Generously grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
Stir nectar, broth, 6 tablespoons margarine, apricots, salt, cinnamon and pepper in heavy large pot over high heat until margarine melts. Add yams; bring to boil. Cover; cook until yams begin to soften, stirring often, about 15 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer yams to prepared dish. Pour juices from pot over; press firmly to compact. Cover dish with heavy foil. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake yams until tender and beginning to brown on top, about 55 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.