- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted, cooled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
Combine peanut butter and pecans in a food processor and purée until almost smooth. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat both sugars and butter in a large bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add peanut butter mixture and vanilla; beat to blend well. Beat in egg. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add both oats. Continue to blend at high speed for 1 minute. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Scoop rounded balls of dough (2 tsp. each) onto cookie sheets, spacing 1" apart. Bake until light golden, 10–12 minutes (rotate baking sheets 180 degrees halfway through baking).