- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) arborio rice
- 2 cups peeled roasted chestnuts*, or jarred chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Bring chicken broth and Sherry to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and squash; cook until onion is translucent, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add rice; stir until rice is translucent at edges but still opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup warm broth; simmer until almost absorbed, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Add more broth, 1 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next until rice is just tender, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes total. Stir in chestnuts, thyme, and marjoram. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cheese, and parsley. Season risotto with salt and pepper and serve.