- 2 8-ounce balls fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, each cut into four 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 2-ounce can anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Coat cheese in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, melt butter in small skillet over low heat. Add garlic; sauté about 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to processor. Add parsley leaves, 1/4 cup oil, capers, anchovies, and lemon juice. Blend until coarse paste forms. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Cheese and sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill. Rewarm sauce slightly over low heat before serving.
Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, fry cheese until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer fried cheese to plates. Spoon warm sauce over cheese.