- 2 tablespoon red miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing or other rice wine
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Nanami togarashi (for serving)
Nanami togarashi, a Japanese red-pepper mix, can be found at Japanese markets and in the Asian foods section of some supermarkets.
Whisk mayonnaise, miso, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, wine, and oil in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and chives and toss to coat.
Serve topped with sesame seeds and nanami togarashi.