- ½ cup raw turbinado sugar
- 5 Tbsp Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil - plus a little extra
- 15 oz canned full fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed
For dairy-free cilantro-lime honey butter:
- ½ cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 4 Tbsp Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil
- 1 lime, zested then juiced
Make the cornbread:
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease a 12” cast iron skillet with the room temperature Country Crock® Plant Butter.
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, then fold in the chopped jalapeños. Pour batter into the greased skillet.
Bake 20 - 25 minutes until edges are beginning to brown and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Make the dairy-free cilantro honey butter:
While the cornbread is baking, make the honey butter by mashing Country Crock® Plant Butter, honey, cilantro leaves, half of the lime zest, and half the lime juice together with the back of a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
Serve your dish:
Garnish the cornbread with the remaining lime zest. Serve your warm cornbread with a generous slathering of the cilantro-lime honey butter, plus extra on the side.