- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 12 ounces fresh cherries, pitted, halved, or frozen, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring cream, 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar, and peppercorns to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour remaining 1/4 cup milk into a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over and let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes. Set a strainer over a large pitcher. Bring cream mixture just to a simmer. Add softened gelatin and vanilla; whisk until gelatin dissolves. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour through strainer into pitcher.
Coat ramekins with nonstick spray. Divide peppercorn mixture among ramekins. Cover and chill until set, about 6 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Stir cherries, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and pepper in a medium bowl. Let stand until sugar dissolves and juices form, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
Invert panna cottas onto plates. Spoon some of cherry mixture over each.