- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 6-ounce packages sliced crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 1 pound dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 2 5-ounce packages fresh baby spinach leaves
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to plate. Add onion and mushrooms to pot; sprinkle with salt and sauté until mushrooms are soft, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; stir 1 minute. Add lentils and bay leaves; stir to coat. Add 6 cups broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with lid slightly ajar, and simmer until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes. Return sausage to pot. Add spinach in 2 batches, stirring until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.