- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 pound uncooked unpeeled medium shrimp, preferably wild American
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons good-quality, lightly smoky Scotch (such as Laphroaig)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, arranging in a single layer. Lightly season with fleur de sel. Cook without moving until shells begin to brown, 2–3 minutes. Add butter; lower heat to medium. Turn shrimp and cook, shaking pan, until cooked through, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat. Add Scotch; stir to coat. Season shrimp to taste with fleur de sel and pepper.