Radishes make a crunchy salsa for this steak taco recipe—or for any other tacos you’re serving this summer.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems, divided
- 4 radishes, trimmed, chopped
- 2 spring onions or 4 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- ½ serrano chile or jalapeño, seeds removed if desired, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. queso fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let steak rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop half of cilantro and toss with radishes, onions, chile, lime juice, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl. Season radish salsa with salt and pepper.
Slice steak and serve on tortillas topped with radish salsa, queso fresco, and remaining cilantro.