- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 6-inch-diameter corn tortillas, each cut into 3 x 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 10 cups (loosely packed) mâche or baby spinach
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick strips
Heat 1/4 cup oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry tortilla strips until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Whisk lime juice, shallot, and honey in small bowl. Whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool strips completely and store in airtight container at room temperature. Cover and chill dressing.
Place mâche and avocado in large bowl. Add dressing; toss. Top with tortilla strips.