This all-purpose sauce will go with any protein and doubles as a great dressing for summer salads.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro stems, plus leaves for serving
- 2 1-inch-thick boneless pork shoulder steaks (about 1 pound each)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Prepare a grill for medium heat. Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in garlic and cilantro stems; set nuoc cham aside.
Place pork on a rimmed baking sheet and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper, then drizzle with oil and turn pork to coat. Grill, turning often and moving around on grill to prevent flare-ups, until lightly charred all over and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 140° for medium), 12–15 minutes. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Spoon some of nuoc cham over pork and top with cilantro leaves. Serve remaining sauce alongside.