- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 12-ounce strip of skirt steak
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch squares green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/3 cup halved drained pimiento-stuffed green olives plus brine from jar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Add to skillet; sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plate. Add bell pepper to skillet. Sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes with green chiles, olives, raisins, tomato paste, cumin, and allspice. Simmer until sauce is thick, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and olive brine.
Cut steak into 1/3-inch-thick slices on diagonal across grain. Add steak and any juices to sauce in skillet; toss to blend.
Char tortillas over gas flame or in broiler until blackened in spots, 15 to 20 seconds per side. Divide filling among tortillas. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.