- 4 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup quinoa (white, black, red, or a mix), rinsed well
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) peas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, divided
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover with a lid and shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.
Bring quinoa, a large pinch of salt, and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, 15–20 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool; fluff with a large fork.
Cook peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2–3 minutes. Drain; run under cold water to cool and drain well. Add cooked peas, 1 cup cilantro, cashews, and scallions to quinoa and stir.
Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with remaining ½ cup cilantro.