- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 large (8- to 9-ounce) Fuji apples
- 1/4 cup apple juice (preferably unfiltered fresh)*
Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Mix in cream. Let stand until sugar dissolves and filling thickens, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Using small sharp knife and starting at side of apple at center point, cut around each apple to make slit in skin to prevent bursting. Using small end of melon baller, scoop out core and all seeds to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Place apples upright in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon filling into hollow of each apple. Mound remaining filling on top of each apple (some may slide down sides). Pour juice around apples. Butter large sheet of foil. Loosely tent dish with foil, buttered side down.
Bake apples until barely tender, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake until apples are very tender and sauce is bubbling thickly, about 20 minutes longer. Transfer apples and sauce to bowls. Serve with yogurt.