- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 5-ounce logs soft fresh goat cheese, each log cut into 4 round slices
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces mesclun mix (about 8 cups lightly packed)
Blend first 7 ingredients in processor. With processor running, gradually add oil. Add poppy seeds and blend 5 seconds. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pat each goat cheese slice to 1/2-inch thickness. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl to blend. Place flour in another small bowl. Place almonds in shallow dish. Roll goat cheese slices in flour, then dip into egg mixture, then roll in almonds to coat, pressing gently to adhere. Place cheese in glass baking dish; drizzle lightly with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until almonds are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Divide mesclun among 4 plates. Top each with 2 warm cheese slices. Drizzle with dressing; serve.