- 1 1/4 pounds fresh fava beans, shelled, or 10 ounces double-peeled frozen fava beans, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups shelled fresh peas or thawed frozen petite peas (about 7 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves plus 6 sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 (8 1/2-ounce) packages Halloumi cheese, each cut lengthwise into 6 slices, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
If using fresh fava beans, blanch beans in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 2 minutes; transfer to bowl of ice water. Peel beans. If using fresh peas, blanch in same saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer peas to ice water; cool. Drain peas.
Place fava beans, peas, olive oil, 2 tablespoons mint leaves, and lemon peel in large skillet. Cook over medium heat until warmed through, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide vegetable mixture among 6 plates.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cheese slices and fry until golden, about 1 minute per side. Arrange 3 cheese slices atop vegetables on each plate. Drizzle with lemon juice, top with pepperoncini, garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs, and serve immediately.