- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 small assorted sweet peppers, 2 sliced into 1/4” rounds, 2 cut into strips
- 1/2 small onion, cut in half lengthwise, thinly sliced, soaked in ice water
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 4 ounces arugula (about 8 cups loosely packed)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound 1”-thick swordfish steaks, trimmed, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon (generous) minced fresh rosemary
Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. (Alternatively, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.) Bring oil and garlic to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until garlic is toasted and light golden brown, about 6 minutes (remove from heat if garlic is cooking too quickly). Pour oil through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl and let cool. (The garlic could burn if left in the oil.) Reserve garlic chips for garnish.
Combine peppers, onion, jalapeño, vinegar, and 1/4 cup garlic oil in a large bowl. Add arugula; toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Place 3–4 cubes swordfish on each skewer. Brush fish with remaining garlic oil; sprinkle with rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
Grill swordfish until just opaque in the center and lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes on each of the 4 sides.
Divide salad among plates. Place a skewer atop each. Garnish with garlic chips and lemon quarters for squeezing over.