This beet salad is a perfect show-stopping side dish as well as a healthy, meatless lunch.
- 2 pounds baby golden beets, scrubbed, tops and root ends trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Pea shoots (tendrils), fennel fronds, and flaky sea salt (for serving)
Preheat oven to 350°. Place beets in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil; season with kosher salt and pepper. Add ½ cup water and roast until beets are tender and a paring knife inserted into the center meets no resistance, 50–60 minutes. Let beets cool slightly, then peel.
Cut beets in half and arrange on a platter. Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; drizzle over beets. Garnish with pea shoots and fennel fronds and season with flaky sea salt.