- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 28.2-ounce can peeled tomatoes in puree with basil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved, pitted
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes with puree, olives, anchovies, capers, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Simmer sauce over medium-low heat until thickened, breaking up tomatoes with spoon, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta; return to same pot. Add sauce and parsley. Toss over low heat until sauce coats pasta, about 3 minutes. Serve with cheese.