- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
- 1 8-ounce package dried Calimyrna figs, stemmed, halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted natural pistachios
Combine 2 cups water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in honey. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Add figs and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add dried tart cherries; cover and simmer until figs and dried cherries are tender, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer fig mixture to bowl. Chill until cold, about 3 hours. DO AHEAD Fig mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Discard vanilla bean. Divide fig mixture among 6 bowls. Top each serving with dollop of yogurt, if desired. Sprinkle with pistachios.