This green tacos recipe is vegetarian but incredibly flavorful and hearty, daring to prove that not all tacos need meat.
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 cups Tuscan kale, ribs and stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook sweet potato and garlic, stirring often, until potato is tender and just beginning to brown, 8–10 minutes. Add kale and cook, tossing often, until kale is wilted and tender, 8–10 minutes. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Serve sweet potato and kale mixture on tortillas, topped with avocado and crema.