- 1 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, ground in spice mill or in mortar with pestle
- 2 pounds trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
Blend first 7 ingredients in processor to coarse puree. With machine running, gradually pour in 1/2 cup oil; puree until almost smooth. Transfer pesto to bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, coarse salt, and coriander in medium bowl. Add lamb; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Thread lamb on skewers alternately with peppers and onions. Place on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Grill to desired doneness, turning occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare.
Arrange kebabs on serving platter. Drizzle each kebab very lightly with pesto and serve remaining pesto alongside.