- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 to 5 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups bottled clam juice
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with caramelized onion, in juice
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Whisk oil and flour in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat until smooth and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add enough Cajun seasoning to season to taste and stir 30 seconds. Add clam juice and stir until smooth. Add tomatoes with juices. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 3 minutes. Add spinach, thyme, and garlic and simmer until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute. Add crabmeat and simmer until heated through, stirring gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and serve.