- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
Whisk mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in medium bowl. Gently mix in crabmeat, shrimp, celery, and onion. Season filling with salt and pepper.
Arrange 4 bread slices on work surface. Spread 1/4 of filling on each slice (about 1/2 cup). Top filling with bread slice; press to adhere. Brush top bread slice of each sandwich with melted butter.
Place large griddle over 2 burners. Heat griddle over medium heat. Place sandwiches, buttered side down, on griddle. Cook until bottom is golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Brush top of each sandwich with melted butter. Using metal spatula, turn sandwiches over. Cook until bottom is golden, about 5 minutes.
Cut each sandwich into quarters. Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with parsley.