- 36 whole fresh figs, stems trimmed, or 36 dried figs, stems trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 6 cups torn frisée lettuce leaves
- 4 cups watercress sprigs, thick stems trimmed
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss fresh figs with 2 tablespoons oil in bowl. Arrange figs on rimmed baking sheet. Roast until figs are tender and shiny, about 12 minutes. (Do not roast dried figs.) Cool. Cut figs lengthwise in half.
Whisk remaining 1/2 cup oil and vinegar in small bowl to blend. Add cheese and whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Figs and dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and rewhisk dressing before using.
Combine frisée, baby greens, watercress, prosciutto and walnuts in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Gently mix in figs. Transfer to serving bowl.