This one-pot dinner is simple: Sweet cherry tomatoes, earthy chorizo, and a splash of wine do the heavy lifting.
- 2 ounces dried Spanish chorizo, casing removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 4 slices thick country-style bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or parsley
Heat chorizo and 2 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy pot over medium, stirring occasionally, until chorizo begins to brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and fennel seeds and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and wine and bring to a simmer; season with pepper. Cook until reduced by three-quarters, 6–8 minutes.
Add mussels. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until mussels open, 6–8 minutes. Discard any mussels that don’t open. Drizzle toast with oil. Serve mussels topped with tarragon with toast alongside.